Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Assignment 5 - Theme: Love - Inspirational greeting card

To convey the feeling of love and tenderness, I actually wanted to use shades of green. But after a few attempts, the feelings cannot be conveyed the way I want it. Green is too vivid for it. Therefore I decided to choose other colors. I play around with the colors and finally decided on the color red. However as I think it is too strong a color, I decided to tone it down and used a lighter shade. After considering, I decided on the color pink. I choose to have some simple graphics as not to over shadow the color.

Drafts of other cards:






Final design:



Comments:
-Instead of rectangle can use square for the background.
-Trying and make the flower stand out.
-Add in text

Taking into consideration of the comments, I tried and edited the greeting card.
For comment one,due to the restriction of the card size changing it to square looks very unbalanced.

For comment two, I tried making the flowers more 3D but the flowers doesn’t blend in with the background.

Instead of making the flowers 3-D, I decided to give it a white glow. This will make the flower stands out too. White is a neutral color thus it goes well with all the shades of the pink.

For comment three, I tried and used font that can matched the feeling of tenderness.
At the same time, it must be easily read by the audience. Thus,I also changed the shadow of the words to white to have unity.


I also designed the inside of the card. I used the cool color scheme to balance out the warm color scheme used. I added the text describes what I want to convey in the font of the card.


Edited version:



Inside:




Printing the greeting card

When I went to print the greeting card, I realized that due to the fact that the greeting card is double sided, I need to place the inside of the card on the top of the canvas and in opposite from where I am looking when doing the design. This is another issue I missed out when doing the design.

No comments: